Aloo bonda or potato bonda is one of the easiest snacks we can prepare at home during holidays or when you have guests at home.For preparing this first i have boiled potatoes using a pressure cooker.Always use good quality potatoes for this bond to make this filling tastier and yummy.
green chillies -2
cumin powder-1 tsp
urad dal -1 tsp
besan/gram flour-1&1/2 cup
turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
baking soda-1/4 tsp
chilli powder-1 tsp
oil for deep frying
- First boil potatoes and remove its skin,cut them in to cubes
- In a pan pour some oil,splutter some mustard seeds ,add some urad dal.
- when its colour slightly changes add ginger,green chillies ,sliced onions and curry leaves.
- saute it well and add some turmeric powder,Mix it well.
- Add boiled and cubed potatoes.Mix well.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher ,add some lemon juice, cumin powder and salt.
- Combine everything well .
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- In a bowl Add Gram flour ,turmeric powder,chilli powder,asafoetida,baking soda and water.
- Make a thick batter of gram flour.It should not be watery.
- Make small balls of potato out of the mixture .
- Dip this balls in to the prepared besan batter ,coat well with the batter ,each potatao balls.
- deep fry this potato balls until it gets a crispy outer crust.
- Once it is ready transfer this in to an oil absorbant paper.
- serve hot with some tomato ketchup or green chutney.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE FOR MORE RECIPES
- If you want to make the potato stuffing spicy ,you can add 1 tsp of chilli powder and 1 tsp of grama masala along with the masala.
- Make sure the besan /gramflour batter is thick ,it should not be runny .