Aloo chaat or potato chaat is a very popular and delicious street food from India.This tasty snack can be prepared in many ways.Here i am sharing Sweet potato chaat recipe which is one of my personal favorites.Sweet potato or shakarkandi is a super food which is rich in dietery fibre and an excellent source of vitamin A.
Boil the Sweet potatoes using a pressure cooker or a steel vessel.Make sure the potatoes are not getting over cooked,Otherwise it would become mushy.Once the potatoes are cooked ,peel off the skin and cut them in to cubes.
This lip smacking dish can be eaten as a starter or as an apetizer.
Sweet potato -1
green chilli -2
Grated raw mango -1tbsp
Sweet chutney -1&1/2 tbsp
Green chutney -1 tbsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Chaat masala -1 tsp
Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
Pomegranate seeds -3 tbsp
- Boil and remove the skin of sweet potatoes ,cut them in to cubes.
- Shallow fry these cubed potatoes in a pan using 1 tbsp of oil for 1 minute.Gently toss these potatoes .Do not over mix.
- In a mixing bowl add chopped onion,tomato,green chillies,grated raw mango,coriander leaves,green chutney and sweet chutney(DATES AND TAMARIND CHUTNEY),
- Add Roasted Sweet potatoes and masalas like,chilli powder,cumin powder,chaat masala .
- Add enough salt.Mix well.
- Garnish with some pomegranate seeds and sev. Our delicious and healthy sweet potato chaat will be ready to serve!!!!!!
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE