This south indian dosa can be prepared very quickly.We don’t need to wait for fermentation of the dosa batter which takes a 8-9 hrs.White rice can be soaked for 2 hours and grind it along with some coconut and water ,batter will be ready.
This can be eaten along with some coconut chutney, onion chutney etc.
WHITE RICE-1 GLASS
FRESHLY GRATED COCONUT-1 CUP(250 ML)
- Wash and Soak the white rice overnight or minimum 2 hrs.
- After 2 hrs grind this soaked white rice along with grated coconut and water and make a smooth paste.
- water should be added more to prepare neer dosa.It should be flowing consistency.
- Add some salt and mix well.
- Heat a tawa, preferably cast iron tawa.
- Tawa should be really hot while pouring the dosa batter,otherwise dosa will not come out well.
- Spread some oil on tawa ,Pour a ladle full of batter on the centre of the tawa.spread it evenly.
- Allow this to cook for 1 minute in medium flame ,no need to flip the side .
- transfer this on a serving plate.
- I usually serve neer dosa along with some onion chutney.
- Tawa should be really hot before pouring dosa batter.
- consistency of dosa batter should be thin compared to other dosa batter.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE:
FOR RECIPE VIDEOS VIST :