Cabbage pakoras can be prepared with very few ingredients and spice powders.This no onion no garlic snack recipe is a must try one.I have added green chillies in this pakodas to make little bit spicy .If you are serving this for kids you can skip green chillies and make it less spicy.Adding little bit of hot oil in to the mixture will make this pakoras super crispy.Great evening snack to devour with a cup of tea.
Chopped cabbage -2 cups
chopped green chillies-2
Finely chopped ginger-1 small sized
Turmeric powder-1/4th tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Asafoetida -1/4th tsp
Gram flour-1/2 cup
Rice flour-1 tbsp
oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add finely chopped cabbage, green chillies, ginger,t urmeric powder ,chilli powder ,asafoetida and salt.
- Pour 1 tbsp of hot oil in to the mixture and mix well.(Use oil what we use for deep frying the pakoras)
- Add gramflour / Besan and rice flour .
- Sprinkle some water little by little, just to combine everything.
- Do not add too much water in to this ,pakoras may soak up a lot of oil and it may become soft.
- Oil should be medium hot .
- Deep fry all the pakoras until they become golden in colour and crispy in texture.
- Serve hot with some tomato ketchup.
- while preparing the mixture if we add some hot oil or ghee ,pakoras will become more crispy .
- Adding too much water will make this pakoras too oily and soggy.
- Deep fry these pakoras in small batches.Otherwise oil temperature may reduce all of a sudden and crispiness will reduce.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS VISIT: