Today’s recipe is one of my personal favourites ,Chakka varattiyathu or jackfruit jam .During jackfruit season we make this very often in our home.The procedure is a kind of time consuming one.The ingredients required are:
Deseeded Ripe jackfruit -500 gms
Ghee -3 tbsp
jaggery -300 gms
- Take a pressure cooker add ripe jackfruits ,salt and 1/2 a cup of water.Pressure cook this until they become mushy and soft.
- Take a pan ,pour 1/2 cup of water along with jaggery and prepare jaggery syrup.
- In a heavy bottom pan add cooked jackfruits ,strained jaggery syrup and ghee.
- cook this until everything will get well combined and jackfruit puree will be transformed in to a jam consistency.
- This will take about 20-25 minutes.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE OF MAKING CHAKKA VARATTI
we can add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder for extra flavour.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS :
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL: