Rava ladoo or sooji ladoo is one of the easiest beginner friendly indian sweet recipes.These instant ladoos can be prepared quickly with minimum ingredients .If you would like to try some simple and hassle free homemade sweets which will suit for any occassion ,Rava Ladoos will be the right choice.Let’s see how to make it :
Rava -1 cup
condensed milk -1/2 cup
Turmeric powder -A pinch
Dessicated coconut-2 tbsp
Cardamom powder -1tsp
- Heat a Heavy bottom pan and add ghee.
- Once the ghee is heated up fry cashews and raisins.When it’s colour turnes slightly brown colour ,take it out of the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan ,add rava ,roast it in a low to medium flame until it becomes aromatic and slightly crisp in texture.
- Add a pinch of turmerc in 3/4 th cup of hot milk.Mix it well.
- Add Milk into rava along with 1 tsp of caradamom powder.Mix well.
- Milk will act as a binding agent which will help to give a proper shape for the ladoos.
- Add fried cashews ,raisins and condensed milk.
- Condensed milk will make the ladoos really sweets and moist.
- Then add some dessicated coconut which will give a unique flavor for ladoos.
- Switch off the flame and keep this a side for a while .
- Once the heat is manageable ,take some portion of rava and shape it like ladoo.
- Rava ladoos are ready to serve .
For longer shelf life we can skip milk and increase the qutity of ghee and condesed milk.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION WITH PICTURES.
Heat ghee in a pan ,fry cashew nuts and raisins.keep this aside
Roast rava for few minutes until it becomes aromatic.
Add milk and cardamom powder .Mix well
Then add condensed milk ,cashew nuts and raisins.
Finally add some dessicated coconut and mix well.