Super healthy dal curry which can be prepared with in 15 minutes .Here i have used drumstick leaves along with dal , to make even more healthier .Instead of this you can use Methi leaves ,palak etc.This can be served along with some rice ,chapati etc.
Masoor dal -1 cup
Drumstick leaves /muringayila – 1&1/2 cup (chopped)
turmeric powder-1/4th tsp
kasmiri chilli powder -1 tsp
Slitted green chillies -2
Water-2 &1/2 cup
salt to taste.
cumin seeds-1 tsp
curry leaves -1 sprig
Wash dal and drumstick leaves thoroughly.
Take a pressure cooker ,add dal, drumstick leaves ,green chillies ,garlic ,turmeric powder ,kashmiri chilli powder and water .
Pressure cook this until we hear 3 whistles .
Switch off the flame ,once the steam goes off completely , open the lid and add salt.
Adjust the consistency of the curry adding more water.
Bring this to boil.
For seasoning heat some oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds ,once it starts to crackle add curry leaves and pour it over the curry.
Serve hot with rice ,chapati etc.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS VISIT:
Today’s recipe is an instant kerala rasam which can be prepared very quickly and a great combination for any type of vegetable stir fry or thoran .I have not used rasam powder to prepare this instant south indian curry.Ingredients required to prepare this lip-smacking curry is as follow:
TAMARIND -A SMALL PIECE SOAKED IN WATER.
TURMERIC POWDER-1/4 tsp
CHILLI POWDER-1 tsp
PEPPER POWDER-1 tsp
COCONUT OIL-1&1/2 TBSP
MUSTARD SEEDS-1 TSP
- Heat a pan ,when it becomes hot pour some oil ,when the oil become hot add some mustard seeds ,splutter it .
- Add some cumin seeds, when it’s colour slightly changes ,add finely chopped garlic and green chillies.
- when it’s raw flavour and smell goes off add chopped tomatoes, when tomatoes become mushy , add some masala.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder and salt.
- mix well.
- Add tamarind water and adjust the consistency of the curry by adding enough water.
- Allow this to boil for 2-3 minutes .
- Finally sprinkle some asafoetida /hing which will really enhance the flavour of this curry.
- Mix well.Finally garnish with some coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with some white rice, boiled rice etc.
- Tamarind juice should be added carefully, tomato it self has some sour flavour.
- Spice level can be adjusted according to your taste preference.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!