Butter murukku is a famous south indian snack made with rice flour and gram flour.There are many versions available for this crispy evening snack which are very often prepared in most of the south indian homes.Today’s recipe is a simplest and easiest version of murukku recipe and i am sure you will definitely love it .
This is the quick version of murukku recipe, hence we need rice flour(here i have used store bought idiyappam powder),roasted gram flour ,butter etc.
Since the readymade gram flour was not available ,for this recipe i have used roasted split gram dal and powdered it using a mixer grinder.
Rice flour-1&1/2 cup
Roasted gram flour-4 tbsp
Butter -3/4 th tbsp
cumin seeds -1 tsp
Asafoetida -1/4th tsp
Water -1 cup
Oil for deep frying.
PREPARATION TO MAKE BUTTER MURUKKU
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour , roasted split gram flour and butter.Mix well until butter get nicely mixed up with flours.
- Add salt, cumin seeds and asafetida for that mild and subtle flavor.Pour water little by little and knead until it forms into a soft dough.
- Take a star designed disc suitable for making perfect shaped murukku.
- Grease the murukku maker with some oil and fill it with a portion of the dough.
- Heat some oil for deep frying in a kadai and press the murukku maker directly into hot oil.
- Do not over crowd it, hence you would end up with less crispy and oily butter murukku.
- Fry them in batches.Wait until it’s colour slightly changes into golden colour.
- Once it becomes crispy ,transfer it into an oil absorbing paper .
- Once it cools, store it in an airtight container .This will remain fresh up to 2 weeks.
PICTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING BUTTER MURUKKU
FOR RECIPE VIDEOS VISIT: