Mangalorean chicken sukka is a delicious blend of spiced freshly grated coconut and chicken.This dry chicken curry is often served along with neer dosa,but we can also have this as a side dish for rice, chapathi , Naan etc. Flavour of coconut gives a unique taste for this lip smacking chicken curry.Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Chilli powder-1&1/2 tsp
Lemon juice -1 tbsp
ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
freshly grated coconut-1 cup
pepper corns-1 tbsp
dry red chillies-6-8
corinader seeds-1&1/2 tbsp
fennel seeds-1 tsp
cumin seeds-1 tsp
turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
kashmiri chilli powder-2 tsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder,chilli powder,lemon juice,ginger garlic paste and salt.Keep the marination for 15 minutes.
- Dry roast all the ingredients for the masala(peppercorns,dry red chillies,coriander seeds,fennel seeds,cumin seeds,cloves and cinnamon sticks).Let it cool down.
- Take a blender jar, add all the roasted ingredients and grind it.
- Once we get powdered masala,add freshly grated coconut and grind it until we get a coarse mixture.Keep this aside.
- In a pan add enough oil ,bay leaf,green chillies and sliced onions.
- Saute it until onions become translucent .Add 1/4 th tsp of turmeric powder and 2 tsp of kashmiri chilli powder,which will give a nice colour for this dish.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and let this cook for 6-8 minutes in medium flame until chicken gets cooked well.
- Add coarse mixture of coconut and mix well.
- Sprinkle some water just to combine everything well .
- Add salt and let this cook for another 3 minutes ,so that chicken will absorb all the flavours of the masala .
- Finally garnish with some coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Great combination to have with Neer dosa,chapathi,naan,roti etc.
If u want you can add a small piece of tamarind while grinding the masala. Since i have added some lemon juice while marination ,i have skipped this ingredient.
FOR VIDEO RECIPES SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE: