This is one of the easiest and simplest dessert recipes i have ever tried.Coconut and jaggery burfi can be prepared very quickly without any hassle.This can be refrigerated and stored up to three to four days.Here i have used desiccated coconut to make this sweet dish.But we can definitely use some freshly grated coconut as well to make this yummy burfi.
Desiccated coconut-2&1/2 cups
ghee -2 tsp
dry ginger-1/2 tsp
salt -a pinch
- Dry roast desiccated coconut in medium flame until it’s colour slightly changes in to brown.
- In another pan add jaggery pieces along with some water,let the jaggery melt compleately.
- Once the jaggery syrup is ready, seive it using a strainer and remove all the impurities and dirts.
- Pour this jaggery syrup in to to the pan and mix well with the roasted coconut.
- Let the mixure combine well and leave this to ecome thick.
- Add dry ginger powder,cardamom ,ghee and a pinch of salt,just to balance all the flavours.
- switch off the flame and let this cool down.
- Add grated carrots and mix well.
- Shape it like a burfi using our hands.
- Refrigerate this burfi for half an hour .
- decorate with some chopped pistachios .
- Serve chilled.
If u find it difficult to give proper shape for the burfi,don’t worry,once we refrigerate it ,we can shape it well.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!