Wholesome and nutritious Moong dal laddus are one of my favorite desserts to devour during any special occasion.These ladoos are soft,grainy in texture and absolutely melts in your mouth .you can make batches of these laddus and store them at room temperature for a week.
MOONG DAL -1 CUP
POWDERED SUGAR-1/2 CUP
GHEE -1/2 CUP
CARDAMOM POWDER -1/4TH TSP
- Rinse moong dal thoroughly and soak it for 30 minutes .
- After 30 minute drain water and spread it on a cotton cloth .Let it air dry for 20 minutes.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add moong dal , dry roast it for 30-35 minutes in medium flame.
- Once you notice it’s colour changes into slightly golden ,switch off the flame and allow this to cool for a while.
- Take a blender jar and grind it and make a coarse powder out of it.
- In a mixing bowl add coarsely ground moong dal powder ,powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Add melted ghee gradually and keep mixing until everything get incorporated really well.
- Let’s make laddus.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll into ball shape .
- Prepare all laddus following the same procedure.
- Soft and grainy textured moong dal laddus are ready to serve .
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION WITH PICTURES