Tamarind and dates chutney is a beautiful blend of sweet and tangy flavour with a hint of spiciness.This chutney is very simple and takes a few minutes to prepare.Key ingredient for most of the Indian chaats are sweet chutney.
deseeded dates-1 cup
dry red chillies-5
cumin powder-1/2 tsp
dry ginger powder-1/2 tsp
- In a pan cook dates,jaggery,tamarind and dry red chillies with 1&1/2 cup of water.
- Let this cook for 5-8 minutes until it reaches in to soft and pulpy texture.
- Allow this mixture to cool down completely.
- Grind this mixture and make a fine paste.
- Using a strainer seive this and remove all tiny pieces.
- Once again boil this chutney and add enough salt,dry ginger powder and cumin powder .
- Mix well.
- switch off the flame , let it cool down.
- serve it along with some pakodas,chaats ,samosas etc.
- Sweetness and spiciness of the chutney can be adjusted as per the desired taste preferences.
- If chutney is too thick thin it down adding some more water.
- This can be refrigerated and stored up to 2 weeks