A perfect keralite snack recipe .It is one of the most favorite dishes of all kerala food lovers.This instant evening snack can be prepared with minimum staple ingredients which are readily availabe at any keralite kitchen.
Hope you all will like this recipe .You can also check few more instant snack recipes available in this blog.
Ripe banana (plantain)- 4-5
All purpose flour-2 cups
Turmeric powder -1/4th tsp
Water -1/2 cup
Oil for deep frying banana slices
- Cut the bananas into three slices.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together flour, turmeric powder ,sugar etc.
- crack one egg and add enough water to make a smooth lumpfree batter.
- Once the batter is ready, dip each slice of banana into the prepared batter and coat it well with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium flame ,gently drop the banana slices into the hot oil.
- Fry till both the sides get golden in colour.
- Transfer the fried banana fritters on to an oil absorbant paper.
- Serve them hot with some tea or coffee.
- Always use perfectly riped plantain which are firm in texture.
- Adding egg in the batter is completely optional, but it will helps to bind all the ingredients together and gives a nice texture for banana fritters.
- Batter should slightly thick to coat well all over the banana slices .
- You can use coconut oil for deep frying bananas which will give the authentic flavor of kerala pazham pori.
COOKING INSTRUCTION WITH PICTURES
Serve hot with some tea or coffee.
FOR RECIPE VIDEOS VISIT: