Netholi fish/Anchovi fish is a very tasty fish .Nethili fish can be used to prepare variety of fish curries.Today i am going to preapre a crispy fish fry using this fish.I have already uploaded a video of NETHOLI FISH CURRY in my youtube channel .Link will be included in this post.So lets see what all ingredients are required for making this crispy fish fry.
ginger -medium sized
lemon juice-1 tbsp
turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
pepper powder-1 tsp
corn flour-1 tbsp
oil for deep frying
- Clean the fish thoroughly .
- Prepare masala for the fish fry.
- In a blender jar add shallots,ginger,garlic,lemon juice,curry leaves,chilli powder,turmeric powder,pepper powder.Grind and make a very fine paste adding some water.
- Once the paste is ready ,we can add enough salt.
- just before marination add rice flour and corn flour along with the masala.
- coat fish pieces with prepared masala .
- once we add corn flour and rice flour no need to keep the marination for longer time.
- Deep fry the fish pieces with enough oil.I prefer to use coconut oil for this fish fry.Also i would like to add a generous amount of curry leaves to enhance the flavor of fish fry.
- Now our crispy Netholi fish fry will be ready to serve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Instead of lemon juice we can add some vinegar while grinding,which will help the masala to seep in to the fish pieces.
- Spice level you can adjust as per your tolerance level.
- Adding fresh curry leaves makes the fish fry even more tastier.
- Use coconut oil to get the flavor of authentic Kerala fish fry.
Watch detailed video here!!!!!!!!!!
Netholi fish curry recipe video!!!!!!!!!!