Slow cooked Muringayila thoran is a great accompaniment to have along with any south indian vegeterian curry .This side dish goes well with Curd curry and steamed rice .
Drumstick leaves have numerous health benefits too.
It is rich in antioxidants and helps to lower blood pressure.It has been proven that drumstick leaves aids for digestion and also plays a major role in reducing cholesterol.
This is one of easiest leafy veg stir fries which you can prepare without spending much time in kitchen.Grated coconut will definitely enhance the flavor and at the same time gives a typical flavor of south indian dish.
Muringayila/Drumstick leaves – 3 cups
Grated coconut-1/4th cup
Rice -1 tbsp
Dry red chillies -2
Garlic- 3 cloves (crushed)
- To begin with separate the leaves from twigs and keep it aside.
- Wash it thoroughly and squeeze out excess water from leaves .
- In a kadai add cleaned drumstick leaves ,cover and cook it for 5-6 minutes in a medium flame .Leaves will realease enough water to get cooked Once it gets heated up.
- Add some salt and mix it thoroughly.
- Once they get cooked well add grated coconut and stir in till they get combined well.Swich off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan ,add some rice ,fry till it becomes brown colour.Add crushed garlic and saute till its raw flavor goes off.
- Finally add dry red chillies and pour it over cooked Drumstick leaves.
- Serve hot with some rice and any veg curries of your choice.
Nutritious Muringayila thoran !!!!!!
FOR MORE VIDEO RECIPES VISIT: