Healthy and refreshing milkshake recipe prepared mainly with seedless dates or khajoor along with sabudana or sago seeds .It’s a great option to serve along with breakfast since it’s really filling and rich in nutritional benefits. Sabudana or sago seeds will enhance the flavor by giving a creamy texture for this nutritious beverage.
Dates are rich in fibre and helps to lower cholesterol level.These drinks are typically prepared and served during the festival seasons like ,Navratri, Holy month of ramadan etc.Dates milkshake is an energy boosting drink which is prepared in majority of indian household during fasting season.
Dates milkshake is a great way to kick start your day.Made with natural ingredients this will keep you filled and satisfied for a while.
Sabudana /sago seeds -2 tbsp
Deseeded dates -1o
Milk -1&1/2 cup
- Take a small bowl and soak sabudana for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl add deseeded dates along with some warm water .Wait until it softens and cool.
- In a sauce pan add soaked sago seeds and 1& 1/2 cup of water.Cook for 5-8 minutes in a medium flame .Once you see sabudana turned into a transparent and jelly kind texture ,strain it using a strainer and keep aside for cooling.
- Next add dates and chilled milk in a blender jar .Blend it in a high speed until you get a smooth milkshake.
- Pour into a serving glass by adding one table spoon of cooked sabudana. Gently mix it and serve immediately .
- Refreshing and healthy drink to serve along with breakfast will be ready to enjoy .