Today i am going to share with you an extremely simple pulao recipe prepared with pressure cooker. Matar pulao served along with onion raita is a real comfort food for my family.The wholesome spices roasted in ghee will makes it immensely flavorful and addictive.
This one pot meal is a real fuss free rice variety that comes together in minutes using just pantry staples.
Basmati rice-1 cup
Green peas -1 cup
Water -1&1/2 cup
green chillies -3
Ginger garlic paste -2 tsp
Bay leaf -2
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Cardamom – 4-5
- Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes .This will give a fluffy and soft texture for rice.
- In a pressure cooker melt 2 tbsp of ghee.Add whole garam masala and saute it for few seconds till it generates a nice aroma.
- Add green chillies ,onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute it for a while .
- Next add green peas ,preferably fresh ones.
- Add washed and soaked basmati rice along with 1&1/2 cup water.
- salt as per taste.
- Cover the lid and cook in a medium flame for 1 whistle.
- Fry some cashew and pour it on top of rice.
- Serve hot with some onion raita and pickle. It’s super delicious.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS VISIT: