Lassi is a refreshing yoghurt based summer drink in which mostly the key ingredients are natural coolers and stomach soothers.This traditional beverage is very popular in north indian house holds ,however you will find it’s been served in restaurants and street stalls all over India.
The pinkish hue Imparted from beetroots makes it visually appealing and at the same time one could enjoy the nutritional benefits it has to offer by blending raw beetroots along with creamy yoghurt.
During a summer day the real thought of a frosted glass of lassi with cold running down it in droplets ,fills me with joy.This drink helps to cool down our body and aids in digestion as well.
I already posted orange lassi recipe, which would also be a great choice to relish during the hot summer days.
Here’s the recipe :
Beetroot-1 small sized
Dry ginger powder-1/4 tsp Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Using a vegetable grater ,finely grate a small sized beetroot.
- Take grinder and grind beetroot along with green chillies.
- Pour in water and yoghurt ,add other spices ( dry ginger powder , cumin powder and salt).
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Strain it using a sieve and pour into the serving glass .
- Add some ice cubes and enjoy !!!!