South indian poondu murukku or garlic murukku is an absolutlety delicious and kids’ favorite snack recipe .This snack is quiet easy to prepare and it’s unique flavor makes this scruptious snack a go to recipe which i prepare very often in my home .
Rice flour-1/2 cup
Garlic cloves -3
Turmeric powder -1/4th tsp
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Ghee -1/2 tbsp
Water for kneading the dough
- Put the garlic cloves in a grinder and grind it by adding 1/4 th cup of water.
- Strain garlic juice using a strainer and remove all the tiny bits and pieces if any.
- Take a Mixing bowl and add besan, rice flour,turmeric powder ,chilli powder ,asafoetida and salt.
- Add strained garlic juice .
- Knead the dough really well by adding some water .
- Add 1/2 tbsp of ghee which will make the murukku even more flavorful and crispy.
- Heat some oil for deep frying in a kadai.
- Once the dough is ready fill the murukku maker with the prepared dough.
- Squeeze it on a ladle and keep the ladle into the oil for few minutes.
- Drop the murukku gently by sliding with a spoon or knife.
- Deep fry and flip in between.
- Fry until murukku changes it’s colour and becomes crispy.
- Crispy Garlic murukku will be ready to serve !!!
STEP BY STEP METHOD WITH PICTURES