Today’s recipe is one of my favorite rice varieties.Spicy prawns masala layered with perfectly cooked biriyani rice is a pure bliss to relish during any special occassions. Here i have used Jeerakasala biriyani rice which had actually enhanced the flavor of this biriyani.You can serve this delicious biriyani with any of your favorite raita and pickle .
Here’s the recipe:
Green chillies -4
Ginger -1 small piece
garlic -6-7 loves
oil -4 tbsp
Water -3 cups
Prawns -1 Kg
Chilli powder -2tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Pepper powder -1 tsp
FOR RICE PREPARATION
Biriyani rice -2 cups
cinnamon stick -1 small piece
sliced Onions -1
Ghee -2 tbsp
Water -3 cups
- Wash and clean prawns thoroughly.If you are using medium sized prawns ,devein it and Keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and add cleaned prawns along with turmeric powder ,chilli powder ,Pepper powder and salt .Mix well and keep the marination for 15 minutes.
- Take a fry pan and shallow prawns for 2 -3 minutes in a medium flame. Keep this aside.
- To prepare rice ,heat some ghee in a pressure cooker .Then add cardamom, cinnamon sticks and cloves ,saute it in a low flame till they become aromatic.
- Add sliced onions and saute it until they become transluscent.
- Next add washed and cleaned basmati rice along with 3 cups of water .
- Finally add salt as per taste.
- Cover and pressure cook for 1 whistle in a medium flame.
- Meanwhile let’s prepare prawns masala.
- Take a apan ,and pour some oil.Add crushed ,ginger, garlic and green chillies .]
- Saute it till it’s raw tastes goes off.Next add slices onions and tomatoes , saute it well till they become soft and mushy.
- Now it’s time to add some spices .Sprinkle some turmeric powder ,chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add fried prawns and mix well.
- Pour some water and let it cook for 3-4 minutes in a medium flame.
- salt as per taste.
- Once prawns masala is ready ,switch off the flame and keep this aside.
- Once the pressure cooker releases first whistle ,wait until steam goes of completely.
- Transfer the cooked biriyani rice into another pan.
- Take a big kadai for layering process.To begin with spread some biriyani rice on the bottom side ,add some prawns masala on top of it. Repeat the process .
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and cover it with an airtight lid.Cook for 10 minutes in a very low flame .
- Keep the biriyani pot on top a dosa pan and cook it on a low flame .This will help to spread the heat evenly and rice will be non-sticky and delicious .
- Serve hot with some onion raita and pickle .