Usually i get requests for simple and quick tiffin box recipes.So here i am with a delicious and easy to make sandwich recipe with all the goodness of palak and potatoes.We need minimum ingredients to prepare the filling for this sandwich.This is a filling breakfast recipe, which keeps you full till the next meal.
Boiled potatoes-2 medium sized
onion -1 small sized
Grated ginger -1 small sized
chopped palak -1 cup
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
chilli powder-1&1/2 tsp
cumin powder/jeera -1/2 tsp
lemon juice -1tbsp
salt as per taste
Bread slices for preparing sandwiches
- Heat oil in a pan ,add finely chopped ginger and onion saute it until it’s raw flavour goes off.
- Add finely chopped palak or spinach, saute it for a while, palak will not take much time to cook.Let it cook for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Once palak turns soft we can add boiled and cubed potatoes.
- Now it’s time to add some spices to make this filling flavourful.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Finally add some lemon juice which will give a gentle tangy flavour and at the same time helps the veggies to absorb all the masalas quickly.
- Mix well.Filling is ready.
- Take two bread slices, add one spoon of filling in one slice of the bread ,sprinkle some cheese (optional),cover it with the other slice of the bread.
- Heat a tawa, rub some ghee or butter ,toast these sandwiches until they become crispy and golden in colour.
- We can use some green chutney or tomato ketchup as a sandwich spread which will make these sandwiches even more delicious.
FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!!!!